Both fresh and tinned salmon are great sources of Omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for good brain health.
This is a super easy recipe and is suitable for all ages. And it’s a great way to use up extra mash!
200g salmon fillets or 1 x 200g tin wild red salmon
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1. If using fresh salmon, bake for 20 minutes until cooked.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
3. Sauté the onion in the olive oil for a few minutes until transparent.
4. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together (except the butter) to form 8 small fishcakes.
5. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before cooking – this will firm them up.
6. Gently fry in butter until crisp on both sides and serve with your choice of vegetables or salad.
Please get in touch and find out more - I offer a free 30-minute exploratory call.